Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Grandma Trip

I loved my trip to Montana to Alisa's and was blessed to be able to fly there and spend 12 days. I only get to visit there maybe once or twice a year, so this was a special time. I was so glad to help with cute little Ryker and have so much fun with Avery, Kyler, and Zadyn. I mostly played with the kids while Mom tried to rest when Ryker rested. In the mornings we went for walks or rode bikes on their bike path; jumped on the trampoline; enjoyed swinging; played baseball and school; and weeded in the garden a few rows everyday. After lunch, we went downstairs and "rested" (I think Grandma was the only one who closed her eyes for any length of time) and watched a movie, we took turns choosing. We went to the library after Ryker's check-up one day and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows on their portable fire pit one evening. It warmed up enough to run through the sprinkler and play in the pool. Ryker is very lucky to have such attentive brothers and sister, they always loved singing and reading to him. Here are a few pictures that I took, you can tell Ryker has changed, as new babies do, in the time I was there. Looking forward to his blessing in August and celebrating Zadyn's birthday.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

We sure enjoyed having you come and help out. The kids have already missed having Grandma here. Zadyn still thinks she needs to cut her hair. Avery wants you to know he is now in the middle of Harry Potter #3. Kyler was hoping to make you a different type of "noodle box" when you're here again. They definately loved having their grandma here and I appreciated the help and love you brought!

Paulene Davis said...

I am so glad that you were able to spend time with Alisa and her family. Sounds like a very active and wonderful time. You are a terrific grandma and I know that they love you as much as you love them. Congrats to the Clark's for the two new babies born this summer.

Audrey said...

Welcome little Ryker! He is so cute. Part of the excitement of a new baby in the house is the rare and treasured one-on-one Grandma time for the rest of the kids. Sounds like they had a blast with you. Do I have to have another baby to be eligable for your Grandma tour?

Collette said...

Jealous...that's all I have to say