Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fun on the 4th of July

We celebrated the 4th of July at Cameron and Mary's. We barbequed in the back yard, it really is looking great with Mary's beauitful flowers and their newly- stained fence that they worked hard on earlier that day. Bailee wanted me to watch a movie they recorded from the Disney channel called "Camp Rock" that we saw the previews of when I tended them a while back, so we watched it in Braden's room. Even when the kids got tired of it, I just had to finish it, even though it had a predictable teeny-bopper plot and the Joshua Brothers saving the day! We walked to a dead-end street near their house and watched the fireworks from CSI at dark and then finished off the evening with Cameron and Chad firing off some fun ones in front of their house. I took my camera but relaxed so much that I didn't take any pictures. Mary took some and I think she will post them. (I did make a festive "Wave Your Flag" cake from a recipe out of a magazine...put that one in Mary, if it turned out). Thanks for a great time!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh Camp Rock is a regular fave at our house! I am sure it will only be outdone by High School Musical 3. I need to work for Disney!

Collette said...

I can eat Wave Your Fag or Flag cake all day long

Paulene Davis said...

Love the new look of your blog. You know that Red, White, and Blue is my favorite color. Sounds like fun times on the 4th. I love street fireworks.