Monday, August 9, 2010

Utah Trip


The week I spent in Utah from July 19 - 23 visiting my family was wonderful and I was glad to visit with Julie and be there while she had surgeryto repair a broken hip. I stayed with Polly and our visits with her during the day helped her stay positive awaiting her surgery and again afterward. It was a hard surgery for her, osteoporosis is not kind, but they were finally able to secure three pins. The Lord answered all prayers and blessed her with a comfortable and faster recovery than expected. She was able to go back to Heritage Friday afternoon; we all thought she would at least stay in the hospital over the weekend. She loves being back home and we are grateful that she is making a remarkable continued recovery. Thanks for all your prayers and support. We spent one evening enjoying a delicious bbq that Dave and Polly had on their back patio with Dennis (Katie was sick and we missed her). We had a " blast fromthe past" listening to the music of our growing up years. It's amazing how a title or a few words can bring back a whole song and yet I can't even remember what I am to do in the next week!
One of my good friends from high school that I keep in touch with hosted a potluck for me and invited several of our class mates. We had a wonderful time visiting and listening to each other as we shared about our lives and families. One had lost a husband last year due to a farm accident; more than one had lost children; some were divorced and trying to find happiness; some were not active in the church anymore. This made me look at my life and how blessed I am in so many ways. All of us are not without struggles and trials, but I can appreciate even more what I have and not take things for granted. I was happy to reconnect with so many old friends and reflect on memories of how they were all a part of my life and how I was impacted by each one.
Going to Utah is always a rejuvination for me and I hope that I can get down there more often in the future.

No comments: