Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Paul and Marcelene


I was viewing some of my photos that I have stored in My Pictures on the computer and found this precious one in my Heritage Photos folder. This is my Dad, Paul George Gauger and my mother, Marcelene Bennett Gauger. This I believe is their engagement/wedding photo, my family can correct me if I am mistaken. We have commented over the years of how my son Jeremy Paul, and Paulene's son Paul look like Grandpa Gauger. And as I have mentioned, my sweet new grand daughter, Cameron and Mary's little girl Malia Marcelene, was named after my Mother. Paulene's oldest daughter Audrey named their first girl Amanda Marcelene after Mother, as well. I thought that you would like to see this beautiful picture of them. I hope as you look at this picture of Mom and Dad or Grandpa and Grandma Gauger or even Great Grandpa and Grandma Gauger, you can appreciate the names that are being carried on in the family and can feel of their loving spirits as I do.

5 comments:

Chad said...

I love heritage......almost as much as I love having inherited the "gauger nose"

Collette said...

Well I can see why I'm so gosh darn hot....just look at those good lookin' people

Audrey said...

I love this picture of them! I have such fond memories of them, and recently Paul, Jessica, and I shared our memories and laughed and laughed. That Grandma Gauger was such a hoot!

Paulene Davis said...

I also love this photo of Mom and Dad. I hope that my children will read what you have written and catch the spirit of this photo as you have explained. You have such a talent for writing and expressing things of the heart. MMMM -- a full history would be wonderful.

Alisa said...

This is a beautiful picture of Grandma and Grandpa. I always picture Grandpa this way when I think of him, or hear or read stories about him. I have so many fond memories of times at Grandma's house.