Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Part of My August Journey...Kuna, Idaho

It's difficult when visiting family has to come to an end. I don't know what it is, but winding down and getting back into the swing of things...I think they call it reality...takes a few days! I am anxious, though, to share with you some of the great highlights that this very lucky traveling Grandma had with my wonderful family. I am posting it in segments, so here is the first.
I headed up to Kuna, Idaho, to help tend Jef and Sarah's three boys while Sarah attended Young Women Girl's Camp, August 7-9. It was so much fun hanging out with three fun and on-the-go boys. Chauffeuring to swim lessons and karate was a "kick", I felt so important and all three boys were very good. Check out pics of the "Karate Kids", Logan and Mason, on the Clark Family blog. Cole and I became fast buddies because I loved listening to him as we played trucks and trailers. He didn't even mind posing for this cute picture!
One of our favorite things to do was head to the park near their home. As you can see, they had a super time. They played so well together, too.













I loved watching the stunts they performed on their bikes in front of their house. They are amazing and they loved entertaining Grandma.

They shared some great movies with Grandma during rest time , one new favorite being "The Bridge to Taribithia". It was a joy to listen to Logan practice his piano while Mason did some school pages just before dinner. It was way cool watching the series Survivor Man with Jef in the evenings after the boys went to bed. I loved these few days with the boys but time went by too quickly. I had to leave Thursday night so that I could get ready to head to Pocatello the next morning. Stay tuned, that will be the second segment upcoming.

2 comments:

Paulene Davis said...

Yes, you are a lucky Grandma. However there are three little boys and one big one that are equally blessed to have a fun visit from you. I loved hearing about it and will wait for chapter 2.

Sarah said...

We love Grandma's visits. Cole had a hard time when grandma left, no more fruit snacks and Logan keeps talking about this thing that tasted really good that grandma made...it was zuccini bread.