Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Julie's Birthday Celebration

This past weekend, I was able to go to American Fork for my sister Julie's birthday. She loves this annual gathering of her family to help her celebrate. It was so great to see her and my family and to visit with each other. We all enjoyed watching Julie open her presents and of course all enjoyed eating birthday cake and ice cream. I was excited to see some of my nieces and nephews and some of their beautiful cnildren, too. A nice surprise was when my very special friend, Arlene Smith Heiner, dropped in to say hi. I mentioned on her blog that I was going to be there and told her to swing by if she could and she did! We missed Polly and Dave, they were away visiting their daughters and families, and Dix, who was in St. George with family. A big thank you to Collette and her friend Kellsy for driving me down and to my brothers and sister and their spouses for making this event such a special one for Julie and for all of us.

Sonya and Julie opening presents

l to r: Alex, Brent, and Dennis


Mark and Lori

my friend Arlene and I

front l ro r: Jenny holding Tosh, Julie, me, Mark and Alex; back: Katie, Adam, Kim holding Kayden, Andy, Betty, Dennis, Collette, Sonya, Lori, and Brent

6 comments:

Collette said...

It was such a fun little trip. It was good to see the family. many i haven't seen in years

Arlene Heiner said...

It was so great seeing you again. I almost felt a part of your family being there and seeing everyone. You have such a great family and I feel connected in so many ways. I appreciate your friendship and I'm looking forward to keeping in contact with you via Blog etc. It was good to see Julie again also.

Alisa said...

WOW, that looks like a great family photo! What a good looking crew! I know Julie loves to have her family around! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Audrey said...

I am sure Julie just loved having you all there. She really loves her family, and it was a special treat that you came down. Sorry I had to hog my mom for the weekend. It looks like she really missed out!

Kathleen Gauger said...

Wow, I love the new look of your blog! You are very talented and I love to read your posts and see all the pictures. It was great to see you and Collette again as well. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
XOXO

Paulene Davis said...

I am so sorry that I missed such a fun party. I would have loved to have seen Arlene. Thanks for posting so many fun photos. I visited with Julie on Saturday and she had so many great things to say about her party. She loved it. You are a fabulous sister.