Monday, April 21, 2008

55 is great!

My oh my...never thought I would be saying that! Since turning 52, when ever anyone that would be brave enough to ask how old I was, I would unequivocally answer with a laugh the reverse number of my age...25, and then the next year, 35. I have to admit last year I cringed a little with 45. So, ha...this year it was straight up 55...couldn't reverse that one. I have never been one to fuss over my own birthday, who does? I love fussing over other birthdays, but my own...well, it just comes and goes and life goes on. Although this year I was deeply touched with all the fun gifts, cards, greetings, and calls that I received for my birthday. I was shown again on this birthday that I have a caring, supportive family and lots of good friends…all of whom continually touch my life in so many ways. Thanks to all who made this 55 year old feel special.
Here are some pictures that Dale took with his phone - I forgot the camera AGAIN - celebrating at Chiles restaurant in Twin Falls on Thursday of last week with Cameron's family.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

We are glad to hear that you had a great day! We hope that your day started off great with our song to you.

Alisa said...

Looks like you had a great time! Sorry we couldn't be closer to help you celebrate!

Paulene Davis said...

Glad your day was great. You deserve so much because you are so wonderful. It was great talking to you and sharing your irreversable 55. Love you and Happy Birthday.

Audrey said...

What cute kids to celebrate with! Glad you had a great day.

Kathleen Gauger said...

It sounds like a great time. I sure enjoy you sharing your photos with us on your blog. I need to get going on my old blog too. Thanks for sharing.