Thursday, September 13, 2007

34 Years...Then and Now

August 24th marked our 34th Wedding Anniversary. We were in Boise making our bbq sauce (see previous post) on that day and I didn't really think we would celebrate it. In fact, I offered to tend for Jef and Sarah that evening so they could have a chance to go out and we could spend more time with the boys.
I was informed that Jef and Sarah were taking us out for the evening and that Collette had offered to babysit (thanks again, Collette). I even got to pick the restaurant! I chose a favorite, a Tai place, we were all pretty hungry after a grueling day of making sauce
I was feeling pretty bold and ordered Pad Tai (I think that is what it is called) with about a 2 1/2 spice level. Man, was it good! I think the chef for the night was a little generous with the heat. Needless to say, we really "spiced" it up for our anniversary. We cooled down with some fancy ice cream and a fun shopping trip to Burlington Coat Factory. Thanks again, Jef and Sarah for a great evening.

I have been reflecting on the past 34 years of marriage with my sweetheart, Dale. As you can see, "John Denver" may have changed in appearance, but he has been the same solid, loving, supportive husband all these years. And he just gets better and better at making me feel important and special. We have had our ups and downs and he has stuck with me through it all. I could not have asked for a better husband and friend. He is a great father, much more patient than me and a wonderful, fun grandpa. His testimony of the church has never wavored and his commitment to service has been an inspiring example to me and our family. His whole life has been built around his family and they have been more important to him than any fame or fortune. The youth he has worked with over the years, his "other kids"... have also felt so much love and support from Dale in all they try to do. Words to a song that we liked by Captain and Teneille (which we also sang for Dennis and Katie's wedding breakfast) says "love...love will keep us together..." I know that love has kept us together these 34 years. Looking forward to many, many more!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

I love this picture of you! Your smiles are just as genuine and loving today. You are truely blessed to have each other. and what an empire you have built! in your beautiful family and the examples and heritage being passed on. You are famous to me, your examples worth more than gold, and richly blessed. Happy Anniversary! and many more to come.

Jef said...

Wow, can't believe I turn 35 this year...

Alisa said...

Jef stole my comment!

Paulene Davis said...

I remember 34 years ago when you and Dale met. I remember you bringing him to our mobile home and sitting on our double black recliners and telling us that you were in love and were going to get married.We are both blessed to have found great men in our lives to love and cherish and to be loved and cherished. .